This Christmas when all the stores are closed and you have nothing to do but watch Netflix and clean up your computer, I figured it was a good time to make some cookies. The issue is that all the stores are closed, so I had to use the ingredients I had sitting around. It just so happened though, that I had enough to make my grandmother’s famous Banana Oatmeal Cookies. (by famous I mean in our family)
So, grab some nog and take a few minutes to whip these suckers up.
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 egg
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1-3/4 cups quick cooking oats
- ½ cup nuts, chopped
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed:
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix in in mashed bananas.
- Add flour and quick cooking oats.
- Slowly add in chopped nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on to baking sheets.(un-greased)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.