Michelle Obama is Trying to Kill Me
Why is Michelle Obama after me?
I never did anything to her.
Well, maybe I posted her ass on DailyTush.com, but that was all in good fun.
Anyway, I made up my mind over the weekend to take care of my diabetes, or as I call it, “my sugar allergy” and I even went to a book store and bought a book that will explain to me how to live with this thing.
Then I got home and went online.
Starring at me from google news, was the fact that some hotel in Washington was putting, “Michelle Obama’s Shortbread Cookies” on people’s pillows for the inauguration.
Curious I looked up, “Michelle Obama’s Shortbread Cookies Recipe” and this is what I found.
Below is the recipe for Michele Obama’s Shortbread Cookies.
Now you know.
If I eat these I will die.
Die with a smile on my face, but still be gone none the less.
- 1-1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto (almond liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon each orange and lemon zest
- 3 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg white
- Chopped nuts or dried fruit (optional)
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Line a 17 x 12 x 1-inch baking pan with nonstick foil. In large bowl, cream together butter and 1-1/2 cups of the sugar.
2. Slowly add egg yolks, and beat well until smooth. Beat in Amaretto and zest.
3. Stir in flour and salt until combined.
4. Spread dough evenly into prepared pan, flattening as smoothly as possible.
5. Brush top of dough with egg white; sprinkle with nuts or fruit (if using) and with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar.
6. Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes or until brown, turn off oven and allow cookies to sit in oven (with door ajar) for 15 minutes. Cut while slightly warm.
Then you eat them and enjoy.